Monday, February 27, 2012

Florida Vacation Day One....

We drove 17 hours to get to our fun little vacation. The drive was easy-peasy. The kids slept most of the time and my Dr.Pepper did it's job. We arrived earlier than expected and didn't get to check into our room for a couple of hours. But we didn't care because it was a beautiful 70 degrees so we laid out a blanket and soaked in some sun...which we have missed! We were worn out so all of us, {kids included} went to bed at 8pm. We woke up early and got ready for LEGOLAND!! the kids were so excited and it was a fabulous day. I took a million pictures, but of course can't post them all, so here are a few.
We started off with the Carousel {which we rode about 5 times}
except for Jacob. apparently he thought he was too big for it. i dont blame him.
Legoland had a great place for little toddlers. So when Ben and the boys were on some rides, the girls and I ate ice cream and went down slides. we were in heaven.
Ellie named her horsey "lucy"
Jacob said he felt...awkward.
They had a Lego Miniland that the kids enjoyed. It was pretty fascinating to see it all made out of Legos. Our last ride was The Island in the Sky. We all sat in a circle while this island thingy put us up in the sky about 150 feet up. It also moved which the kids thought was pretty cool. Then to finish the day off, we shopped for Legos of course!

3 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the first picture with you jumping.

Jenny G said...

Thank you for jumping like a maniac. Should I be honored that the horse is Lucy?

Lara said...

Em, looks like you had a blast. I'm so glad you could go!!