Sunday, July 17, 2011

our weekday trip

This past week we decided to head south for a couple of days. "south" meaning 2 hours away. We really do know how to road trip! Our first stop was to Amish Country. I am hooked. I love this part of the Ohio country. Amazing people they are. We went to a little petting zoo where the kids could pet some cute little animals. When we walked to the little barn we saw these goats up on top of the roof! whhaatt??? Then we met "Big Ben" I don't know his exact measurements but he was huge!! and so soft....love me some horses! then we met this little beaut. Look she has lips!! never noticed that before on goats... makes me laugh everytime I see this picture. I'm just waiting for her to smile at me! and look at her blue eyes! i didn't even color those babies. And this little guy or girl, sorry didn't find out the gender, was adorable. look at those eyes! And they had chickens running everywhere. this one is ugly. Ben thinks its a youngin' so it hasn't grown all it's feathers yet. you had to watch out for them though! We then saw this cute little house. Ellie thinks Grandma should buy one for Bella. Wouldn't that be fun mother??? it even has a bed in side that she could sleep on! I know this picture is a little too busy, but I wanted to capture a horse and buggy! aren't they cool? after we explored the petting zoo and met Big Ben, we went into the Amish store and bought us some goodies to eat with our lunch. Ben got a apple fry pie, which was tasty, then I got an apple fritter that was the size of Ben's head, the Jacob and Ellie both got CowTails and Evan got Fried Egg Candy, yeah doesn't that sound yummy?? After Amish Country we headed to our hotel in Columbus. There we swam, watched "the Music Man" , and slept. Then the next day I did a much needed 2 hour quiet time at the temple and then we headed to a really fun outdoor mall where we shopped at the Lego Store and got yummy ice cream from Graeters! YUM!!! then we headed home....it was a delightful two days! Ben wrapped the girls up after they got done swimming...our little baby burritos!

1 comment:

Allison and Boyd said...

Fun! You'll have to tell me where Big Ben is, I totally want to go!