Monday, May 9, 2011

I feel like a murderer

This bird tried making a nest on top of our meter last year and Ben was quick to destroy it. And sure enough, this year a bird (who knows if it's the same tricky bird) made a nest on top of the meter. The bird created it while we were stuck inside barfing, didn't even notice it. Maybe the bird gave us the "birdflu" just so she could make a nest for her babies! Here is a picture, I sent it to Ben and he told me to destroy it. I couldn't. Until today. The other night we came back from a road trip it was dark and I needed to unload our car. One time when I went out the door, the bird freaked out and flapped around my noggin, freaking me out! but, I still waited for some reason. Maybe the mama in me came out and thought she's just protecting her babies. Anyways, today ellie and i were outside washing the car when the bird started flapping like crazy around ellie's head, (she must of thought ellie was going to spray her nest.) so then that was it. I got the ladder and a glove and decided I would I take it down and find another home....so i did and then I started freaking myself out thinking she would come back looking for me and start attacking me for moving her nest.
look how beautiful these eggs are. LOVE the aqua color. it amazes me beautiful they are.
so less than five minutes she flew back over her heads, I grabbed ellie and I ran for the garage. Yeah I know, pathetic. But I thought she was going to dive straight to my head and start plucking out my eyes. Ellie started whispering to me "mom, what is she doing?" "mom, is she going to peck us?" so see, I wasn't the only one scared. She flew back and sat where once her nest was. i felt bad. but it's for the better.

3 comments:

Jenny G said...

Poor poor birdie. And I can't stop laughing, picturing you and Ellie running for cover from a flapping crazy bird!

Lara said...

Pretty eggs. Maybe the bird will learn

James & Tara Huish said...

Oh, Em. You do crack me up! But I've never seen such pretty eggs! They're beautiful! I hope she finds her nest! Have I mentioned I miss you??? I do:)