Monday, May 2, 2011

Rolling Ridge Ranch

Our first and trust me, not last trip to Amish Country was a major success. We first stopped at Rolling Ridge Ranch where the kids were able to hold the cutest little duckies, and pet bunnies and goats and then we hopped on a wagon, for a ride where they were able to feed these amazing, but stinky wild animals. I didn't get pictures of half of them, but they fed bisons, water buffalos, deer, antelopes, llamas, etc....the list goes on. They loved it! And I must put in here, I did not take these amazing pictures, my friend took them. That's why I'm friends with her, so she'll take amazing pictures of my kids....just kidding! :) We headed home after we ate and took a potty break and got a treat, but I was sad to leave, i felt like I could stay there all day. There was definitely a lot more to see. On our beautiful drive home, we counted 20 horse and buggies and saw several Amish men out in their fields getting ready to plant, and what was amazing to me was that they stood behind 4 horses and a plow. No tractor.

3 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Emily, I have to say that you look great! Especially in the last picture. Your smile is beautiful, and there is just something about seeing someone laughing that makes them look so much more beautiful.

Lara said...

That was the best. love your guts. My fav was when G asked me to take a picture of the horse pooing.

Jenny G said...

I love the one of Sadie checking out Sam's little goose. And I especially like how you nearly got eaten by that last animal...what ever it was!