
Miss Sadie was born wednesday at 10:38 pm.
It was the longest day of
my life!
Ben and I reported to the hospital at 6:00 am. I answered lame personal questions for an hour, then they put iv's in me and then around 8:30 my doctor, that I love so much, came in and tried to break my water. She is
not the most gentle person, so she was digging around trying to break it and I was about ready to fall off the bed. Eventually it broke and all was well. Sortof. In breaking my water we were hoping that it would start contractions and that I would go into labor. It didn't do squat! At this point, Ben and I had watched 10 episodes of NCIS {which for the record, i don't want to watch another episode in a long time} So my delightful doctor comes back in checks to see if I had dilated anymore and sure enough, only a little. So she decides to start me off on a low dose of the evil pitocin. I was a bit scared, knowing how my body doesn't like it and horrible things happen when I get the stuff. It starts things off though. I start feeling mild contractions, nothing too terrible, but it wasn't helping me progress. So they upped the pitocin. Now Ben and I have watched 20 episodes of NCIS. I have made some progression and am seriously ready for an epidural. The dude with the big needle did a horrible job. It was fine at first, couldn't feel any contractions, but then it started to wear off. I pushed the button for more medicine to kick in, but was still feeling the contractions. Around 9 pm, (still pregnant) I ask for the big needle doctor to come make it work. My doctor comes in checks me and I am dilated to a 7 and it was the best news I had heard all day. OH and somewhere in between all of this, I start crying because I was tired, STARVING and ready for it to be over with. BUT i was not going to get a c-section just to get it over. And that was one thing I did like about my doctor, that she didn't pressure me to get one. So at 10 pm (by this time NCIS was over and a new episode of Psych was on) my doctor came back in and said, "lets just try and push!" I was in pain, feeling every contraction and I was like,
seriously? am I going to feel the baby come out? but at this point I didn't care, I just was ready. So on every contraction I pushed and pushed and pushed and it worked. Sadie came out! I didn't even get a chance to take a deep breath before my doctor plopped her on top of me. And we said hello to each other. It was a good delivery, long but I am so grateful that it turned out the way it did. I was so wanting to have a VBAC and it happened. I can't stop thanking Heavenly Father for how it all worked out. She is fun and the kids love her. welcome to our family miss sadie.
oh and I can't stop kissing her little ears!!
12 comments:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeeeeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Glad everyone is healthy!!! :) :) Congrats. Enjoy her..and her ears ;)
Congratulations!
Awwww so sweet! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet her!
Way to go Emily! She is a cutie.
She is super cute! I love her little squishy ear. Sorry you had to go through a bit of @*#($ to get her here, good job!
oh, she's precious! I hope Ben brought you that cake I sent home. THinking about you and so glad everything went well. We're all sickies over here, but as soon as we get better I have to come see her.
I totally cried at the end of the post! I know, hormonal post partum times. I am so thankful that you were able to do the VBAC. We were praying for it!
Enjoy your precious, beautiful little girl!
Congratulations! I love the name "Sadie!" Glad to hear you are doing well and that the kids are excited about their new little sister. Take care,
Oh my gosh, SOOO flippin' cute. And what a story--sounds similar to my Sam story who was also born at 10:30 PM after I labored all day! Sigh. Darn good thing they're worth it, huh.
Congrats.
Congrats Emily she is beautiful. I love her name! I will call you soon!
Congratulations Emily!!! She is absolutely beautiful.
What a DOLL! She looks so sweet and PINK. Congratulations!
Post a Comment