blasted blogger! yesterday as I was looking over my previous {field day} post, it just didn't look right. So I deleted the whole post and started over....still annoying and it has already taken me 45 minutes! grrr....I like blogging, so I'm not going to let this get me down...i just might blog less. :) Anyways, Monday the kids had their
{Field Day} We love field day. It has to be our favorite day of the year! I'm saying "we" because I can still remember my elementary Field Day and it was always my favorite! I loved the tug a war contests and the yummy hot dog lunches and just being outside competing. I think our kiddos feel the same way. The love it! This year was Ellie's "official" first field day. She had a blast! {and that's seriously an understatement} I loved watching her participate and boogie her bootie and laugh silly with her friends. Here she is pictured with her friends Paige and Faye. Ben likes to call them "Faige" they were her besties this year.
After participating in each event the kids earned a different colored band.
Dancing to the Cha Cha Slide.
We saw Jacob out there too earning his colored bands. I love this picture of him sneezing! He's not my little boy anymore. In fact, some kid that we were standing next to asked me "are you jacob's mom?" yup I am! "really?? you look shorter than him!" thanks dude.
Evan's group was in the afternoon. So after lunch the girls and I headed back up to the school to watch Evan. We didn't stay long and it's all Sadie's fault. :) She liked to run right in the middle of the events and I had enough of it. Inside the gym they had a guy teaching the kids a hip hop dance. Evan loved it and did a fab job! He's got the moves!
They had face painting at field day as well. I told Evan to not smile when I took this picture {i thought it would wrinkle the words} the picture cracks me up! he looks like a caveman dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment