Friday, April 20, 2012

Kansas City Temple

On Monday we had the opportunity to go to the Kansas City Temple Open House. It was a very beautiful temple and a very beautiful experience for our little family.  The kids loved being able to finally go inside a temple. They loved wearing the ginormous booties that you had to wear on your feet. We can't decide if the temple is a smaller temple or a bigger one. So we decided its a medium temple.  Word up on the fact that my family only live 30 minutes away from this beauty! love that.



Ellie wanted me to take her picture on this rock. love the hip action, sorry about the closed eyes, but she wanted it this way...and she gets whatever she wants.
Evan thought the ground looked like Legos. That's a Legobrain for ya! 
I thought the Angel Moroni was extra huge.



After we came home from the open house we ate lunch and laid Sadie down for a much needed nap. Then the kids and I and Ben went exploring on Gpa Haer's new farm.  He just purchased over 350 acres of land. On this land it has like 10 barns {over exaggerating} and like 7 houses {still over exaggerating} . So we decided to go explore and went on some fun off roading. At one point ellie almost hit the top of Gpas truck we were bouncing so much!


ellie and I decided to hang out in the truck while the boys went inside one of the houses. it's a good thing we did because that's when we noticed ellie has some freckles on her nose! I LOVE freckles. so I got excited and took a picture.
part of Gpa's land which will eventually be crops of corn or beans....
{Grandma and Grandpa Haer's Home sweet Home}


2 comments:

Jenny G said...

That picture of the barn with Ellie is precious. What great photo locations. Don't let him tear them down:)

Katidid said...

I love old Barns, and the one photoed is awesome. What a cool place for the family to visit. Love your home upgrade choice. I like craftsmans too, and would love a wood burning fireplace--hop eyou get your's soon.