Wednesday, August 10, 2011

slingshot

When Ben came home from his little r&r ,{ I say little because it didn't seem like it lasted that long!} Anyways, he took the boys and went and bought a slingshot, such a fatherly thing to do. The kids were more than excited to try it out. We started off using black beans, which was a little bit treaky to get a hold of, since they're so small. Then we graduated onto using marbles. Ben bought the slingshot to use against the raccoons...and rabbits...and whatever else that's pesty. I wont use it. I can't imagine what I would do if I actually got one of them and killed it. {which is pure exaggeration, there's no way I could do that, besides I think by the time I got the marble and my hands all positioned, the rodent would be gone, or I would of ran!} so we'll just wait for dad to come back.
Jacob looks like a natural.
Mr. Lefty here, it was a bit of a challenge, but he got it.
Can't leave out the girls! Ellie had fun trying it out.
And here was the target...not Ben, the can!
and as an ending note. we sure miss this guy!

No comments: