Saturday, August 27, 2011

first day of school and cuppy cakes

We had a great first day of school. LOOK HOW HUGE MY KIDS ARE GETTING!! I can't believe it. It was an exciting day but didn't feel complete with out Ben here to share it with us. Ellie and I rode the school bus together. That was not so fun. We were on for about 20 minutes and the bouncing around and the smell of those seats...GAG! I was about ready to loose it. I had to hold Ellie down because she kept bouncing around...because she's so little and when she sat on her bottom she couldn't see out the window, which she didn't like.. so we decided that we'll skip the bus and I'll pick her up. They're big and yellow and look really fun, but not to Ellie. Other than the bus Ellie loves going to kindergarten. She has already made a friend who she sits by, we brought her these yummy Red Velvet Cupcakes and invited her over to play next week. I have a good feeling about this school year...
who doesn't love red velvet cupcakes???? there is something about them, I don't know what it is, but ever since I was little for my birthday cake I always asked for a red velvet cake...yum! Maybe it's because I'm in love with red, or the yummy cream cheese frosting, or the unique chocolate taste, I don't know...I just know I love it all. So today we made some and they made me happy! You can find the recipe here

1 comment:

The Hojnackes said...

I had never had a red velvet anything before this past year. Crazy, I know. Alona's 2nd grade teacher told her red velvet was her favorite, so we made red velvet cake balls for her- using a cake mix of course. I wasn't sold on them yet. Then Alona requested red velvet cupcakes for her birthday party. I used that recipe (but found on a different site and doubled) and now I am hooked. The cupcakes were so velvety. You don't get that texture from a mix! I think it is my new fave!