Here I am, 9 years old. I had just received this gift from my mother, a Mary Lou Retton Leotard, . Just look...don't I look like I'm going to scream out with excitement? okay, maybe not...but seriously I LOVED THIS LEOTARD!!!! i remember wearing it all.of.the.time. I Loved, admired, wanted to be, Mary Lou Retton! I would dream at night listening to music, doing the floor routine in the Olympics and trust me my routine was AWESOME! oh yeah. and my triple luts, quadruple,- flip, double handspring was amazing! i owe my obsession with gymnastics to my father. thank you dad. And a thanks Mom for my memorable gift.

The reason I have been thinking about this special birthday gift is because I just celebrated my 34th birthday! pow! my kids and Ben did a great job of making me feel special on my special day, as did my family and friends... thanks everyone. .it was a tadbit sad at times, Ben sure spoils me when he's home. but don't you worry, I've got some lets-spoil-Emily-plans.. in mind when he comes back! I am grateful to my parents for bringing me into this world. It really seems like life keeps getting better each year that passes by. I am grateful to be healthy and alive. here's to another year!
No comments:
Post a Comment