Friday, July 1, 2011

a day at the lake..

This morning I had one of those....I've-got-to-get-out-of-the-house-moments.. I knew going to the mall was out of the question, (been there already this week and the kids always expect some kindof reward for being tortured and didn't feel like buying anything) already been to the park several times this week and If I don't have friends there with me, it gets quite boring...and to top it off, Ben has been sitting in an airport in Iraq somewhere waiting to catch a plane that will get him to another plane that will then get him to another plane and so on....so I needed to get out!! And so, we decided to go to the lake.
{sorry for the over exposed phone picture}
here the kids are trying to catch minnows and crawdads....didn't have any luck but some other kids did. Evan was so amazed with this fun activity and didn't want to leave. I see a lot of Ben in him, as do others, but him exploring and turning over rocks totally reminded me of something Ben would be doing.... It was a nice break and my goal was accomplished: tired kids by 7 o'clock!, ...Yes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

CUTE pictures! Your kids are darling. And, I just read that Ben is coming home for 2 weeks.. YAAAA!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy your time together. And, P.S. You deserve a break! :) Love you.