I have been meaning to post this nasty treasure that we have out our house for a while now. Ben, bought this compost bin last summer. I truly love the thought of sticking certain foods in the bin and in return it creates or poops dirt...lovely dirt full of organic nutrients, that we then use for our garden..pretty clever. But in all honesty, it's nasty with bugs and spiders crawling all over it....lets just say I don't go near it. As part of the boys' daily chores they have to take out the compost. They do it, with out whining, {most of the time} In the winter it gets dark early so at times they had to remember to take it out earlier, or they would have to get all bundled up and wear headlamps and run!! {because they were afraid of unknown noises} Ben loves it, I love the thought of it. When we first got it, Ben would bring home his banana peels or apple cores that he ate at lunch so he could stick it in the compost! It's the simple things in life that makes life better!
1 comment:
I'm kind of jealous. We don't really get to garden here in the desert. We have a zucchini plant, but no zucchini. I'm hoping that will change, but I doubt it. We have some herbs though. No compost. I do have lemon trees that are just starting out, though. I guess that is the one good thing!
Post a Comment