Thursday, May 19, 2011

soggy mowing mess

when Ben left the country I knew I would have to take over some of his responsibilities....and of course mowing the lawn was one of them. No problem, No big deal! well, yeah right. When he left it hadn't been raining 20 days in a row and the grass hadn't started really growing yet. So when it came time for the first mow, The front yard was fine, piece of cake, the backyard...ugh it made me want to puke. I was pushing the little mower so hard and I kept slipping because it was so darn wet and soggy, it wasn't going anywhere. Plus, it kept getting clogged so then it would just shut off. I survived, it only took me 3 hours to mow. So then Ben's dad came to visit last week and brought a riding lawn mower, (angels were singing in the back ground) So he fixed it all up for me, made me mow a section to see if I could do it, Thoughts of myself as a teenager mowing my mom's yard in my swimming suit, getting honks by cute boys as they drove by, came back to me. It sure makes mowing fun and easy. So yesterday I needed to mow. I go out in the garage and start it up not knowing the back right tire was completely flat. great. So I tried to fill it up with air, but no success. it wasn't wanting to be filled. We have still had a ton of rain, so I really wanted to ride the mower so I didn't have to deal with clogging my poor little mower. but I had no choice. Poor little mower. He chugged and chugged and gave up several times, but he did it.
cleaning off ol' faithful. i thought he deserved a wash down after what I put him through. rest up ol' friend.
nastiness
the finish mess. if you look to the left you can see how muddy it is. yuck. i deserve some ice cream for this.

1 comment:

James & Tara Huish said...

You DEFINITLEY deserve some icecream. A whole gallon if you ask me! You could just do what we do and wait until your neighbors report you to the city. Right? That's what our landlord told us today:)

Sure miss you. Only 10 more days!