Saturday, February 20, 2010

He did it!

evan is our videogamer. He constantly wants to play any kind of video game( computer, PsP, Ps3). it drives me nuts. When I was in the hospital enjoying the yummy hospital food and getting bum sores, Ben was at Target buying Lego Indiana Jones 2 for the ps3. {he was celebrating the birth of Sadie} Ben decided though that the boys could not play it until evan learned how to tie his shoes. evan is a hard worker. when he puts his mind to something he can do it, without help. The boys were not thrilled about the plan, especially jacob. i heard him say several times, "oh, i'm never going to play indiana jones..." or "this is going to take forever " So ben sat down with evan one night and showed him how to do it. Then told him, keep practicing. Occasionally I saw evan in a corner trying to tie his shoes. He was determined. then this last week we were getting ready to go to school and I told the boys to get their shoes on. evan came running in all excited and told me he had tied his shoes all by himself. sure enough he had. he even tied them at school..all by himself. way to go evan! now i just have to listen to him constantly asking me if he can play INDIANA JONES 2!!! that is NOT delightful ***

3 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Its amazing that video games can be such motivational tools!

Beth said...

Good job Evan!

(And, as a side note, I want to see that baby - C'mon!! I keep checking! I'm sure she's totally changed already!!!)

Jenny G said...

Good job Evan!