Wednesday, January 9, 2008
It's about time!
so it's been awhile. Our month of December was crazy...like a lot of peoples. We started off going to christmas party's here and there. They were fun, but tiring. We decided this year to go to Utah for christmas. We did something that we will never do again. I think we thought we were 18 again. We left at 10pm one night and drove straight through to Utah. by 3 am we were wondering "what were we thinking?" I remember singing Jingle Bells outloud just to stay awake. We stopped at a rest stop to uh....take a rest. Jacob was awake and he looked at me terrified and asked..."are we going to die?" two seconds later, ben was driving again. the only plus about the whole trip was, the kids were only awake for 3 hours. It's a 17 hour trip! that was nice. We had fun at christmas, but it's always nice to get back into the routine of things. We had a fun New Years by putting a puzzle together and eating pie and ice cream. The Forks (Fords, actually we've just named them Forks) came over and we toasted with some sparkling cider and watched eachother makeout! just kidding. Then the next day we dropped Evan and Ellie off at Grandma and Grandpa Haers while Jacob went to the hospital the next day for surgery. He had his adnoid removed and his ears drained. the worst part of it all was the IV in his arm! he hated it and once it got removed he was good. He recovered amazingly well. I didn't have to give him any pain meds at all! He was up and running around 3 hours after the surgery. I kept on telling him...."don't you think you should rest a little?" he did great! He also started a new Kindergarten class and a new school! He loves it! I love it!! His teacher is wonderful and I can tell she loves being a teacher! He gets to take home Ted the Teddy Bear! love it.
Ben is officially graduated! We recieved a paper copy of his diploma in the mail the other day. It's nice to not have school anymore!!
Evan is now in Primary! doesn't really like that. but he does good.
Ellie starts Nursery on sunday and is a total girl! she loves her babies and her purse and her phone! and we of course love her! she makes us laugh!
Life is good for all of us. We're excited for this upcoming year, for the changes that will come to our family and especially for the fun times we have planned. Hope your life is going good. call me if it's not. I'll talk to you. chow.