On our second day, we decided to take a little Oxen ride. They were stinky and the kids thought their poo was gross. But we had fun.
Ben wanted to see the Oxen's teeth. Not me.
Evan thought the flies flying up the poor Oxen's nose was pretty fascinating or maybe disgusting...
We enjoyed going in to the little shops..{I LOVED it, they were air conditioned!}
After lunch we did some Geocaching. The boys found the little box. Inside was a nickel. Not that exciting. So we left a Lego guy, a little can opener and the nickel.
Then we went to the Fudge Shop and Ellie got herself some chocolate dipped marshmellows with pretty sprinkles...
The best part apart our campsite was the water pump. The girls soaked themselves and loved every minute of it. I just happened to wet my hair a million times as well. oh and my feet too.
After we ate our hot dogs we headed to the Country Fair again. The kids wanted to go dancing again...
cute boys and a really excited boy dancing with Ellie...
just adorable...
This picture cracks me up. Earlier in the day we went and saw a musical. During some of the songs, a few people would end up just freezing in place, while the others were singing. So, Evan asked me to take a picture of him and Jacob.."acting like were frozen in place" hilarious!
Ellie trying to get the wooden toy up the ropes. Apparently if you stick you're bum out, it helps.
Thank you Nauvoo for another enjoyable and memorable time. I will forever think of you as the "hottest place on earth", but will forever be grateful for the joy I have there., especially with my family.
1 comment:
It is definitely hot there, and the mosquitos are prevalent. It is fun to see the sights, but I'm all for a hotel if I ever visit again. :)
Post a Comment