Evan was having such a hard time catching a fish when he was at his Cub Scout camp. Other boys were catching them by the second. One kid caught 16! Not cool. It broke my heart. He wanted to catch one so badly and i could tell it was frustrating him and making him sad. So on the last day, Jacob and I were determined...Evan was going to catch a darn fish. All we wanted was just ONE! I was so determined that I even stuck those nasty slimy worms and crickets on his hook...gross and I wanted to barf. We were getting close to the end and he still hadn't caught a fish. He would even quickly put his line in the water right where the boys would throw the fish back in and still nothing... Finally a friend of ours came to the rescue, he gave Evan a different fishing pole and within 10 minutes Evan had caught his one and only fish!! right before they blew the horn for camp to be over! He was so excited and I just might have screamed and jumped with joy..and maybe cried a little. I was so happy for my sweet boy. It was a good lesson for him to learn, never to give up. sometimes it's long and tough, but worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment