Monday, March 25, 2013

a skirt for me

I bought this striped fabric about six months ago. It fed my love for stripes and I desperately wanted to make a skirt out of it. I was looking through a fashion blog one day and saw a way cute skirt and decided that's what I wanted to make with my striped fabric. Her skirt that she made was 115 bucks. no thank you. I'll stick to my 9 dollar skirt. If your curious here is the link to her blog 5million$skirt  And since I can't follow a pattern worth squat I had to figure out what to do {which is always what's going through my noggin at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.} I did do it different though than what she was selling. I decided that I didn't want all the pleats. Which are cute, but I can't wear a skirt like that. It makes me feel really short. :)  It's not perfect. But it's fun and I can't wait to wear it on Easter Sunday. And believe it or not...it's suppose to be sunny and 63.  Let's all sing...Hallelujah! 

Still need to get a  button to sew on...if I wasn't stuck home with four kids...i'd be on it!

2 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Cute!!! I can't wait to see a picture of you wearing it.

Jenny G said...

Please make me one.