I had a wonderful day. Many things happened today that made me feel special. The kids showered me with their handmade gifts from school, which I ALWAYS love. I love them because it means they were thinking about me at school. Sometimes I worry that they don't. The kids seemed extra nice to each other. It probably helped that I kept telling them to "stop, it's mother's day" I think they eventually caught on...until the ride home from church. Which brings me to this picture of me with my wonderful children that I love so dear. We have a long ride home from church. We're worn out, we're tired, we're impatient...or should I say that about Evan and Ellie. This picture cracks me up because of Evan's face, he looks disturbed and Ellie, she looks like she just got in trouble...which I believe she just had. I love her hairclips as well. And then there's Jacob. Who always just sits there and smiles. My firstborn, the one who made me a mother, the one who leads the siblings...he's such a great example. And then Sadie...who's a two year old, who doesn't want to sit still..not even for a split second.

Here are my gifts. First off Sadie might have given me the best Mother's Day gift ever. She fell asleep while going to church and slept all the way through sacrament meeting. People, this hasn't happened since 2011 when she was a year old! What a sweet girl for doing that for me! Then we have Ellie belly's. She gave me a sweet pink flower which she is so faithful at watering it every ten minutes or so.
She also made me this sweet card. She loves rainbows and loves putting eyelashes on everyone. It means they're a girl. And I love that she thinks I'm sooooo pretty!
Evan's made me laugh the most. Love that boy.
Jacob made this cute tulip and wrote some cute words inside. love it.
Ben gave me one of the best gifts I could of received right now in my life. He let me leave for the weekend to go to Virginia to see my bff Lara. I sure wish I could hit rewind and do it all over again. I went with my other bff's Jenny and Tara and seriously had the best time. So I thank Ben ENORMOUSLY for letting me go and staying home with the kids.
I've thought lately about some of the things I would take with me if my house was burning down, or some nasty disaster destroyed it..{so random I know, but I think apart of me is really ready to get out of this house!} ..and one of the items would have to be this necklace that Ben gave me a few years ago. Each circle is stamped with my children's name on it. I love it. I love that where ever I go, I always have a part of them with me....I seriously love being Evan's and Jacob's and Ellie's and Sadie's momma. They bring me such sweet joy,....
No comments:
Post a Comment