Monday, December 26, 2011

Our Christmas 2011

Here are some highlights of our Christmas Day. We had a goodnights sleep and actually had to wake the kids up at 9am to get them ready for church. We have to drive 30 minutes to get to our church building so we rushed and got the kids ready, I made up some cereal in baggies and we ate breakfast on the road. We enjoyed a special Christmas message about our Savior, sang beautiful christmas songs about the birth of the Savior and then once the prayer was said the boys were out the door and we were the first to leave the church parking lot...and that's a first. I did happen to say "Merry Christmas" to those sitting around us...So we got home, put our pjs back on and opened our presents. We then later enjoyed an evening with friends and finished our Christmas day with full bellys and tired kids. What a great day! Now, lets bring on the new year!
I know Ben and I aren't the only ones that play with the toys the night before...umm...right?
Sadie's ginormous bear. We all LOVE this bear! She was pretty excited to see it!
Ellie's sewing machine. We'll have lots of fun with this baby!
Evan's Hero Factory thingy. Don't know exactly what it is, but he was pretty excited to get it.
Jacob got a chess set and lOVES it. Ben taught him how to play yesterday and seems to be a natural.
Ben got a pasta maker. It's HIS present so that means HE has to use it...right?
This year "steve" gave the kids a lot of presents. Who is "steve?" well...that would be Ben. The nerd put on the gift tags, "from: Steve"

2 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

That is so Ben! I still remember the Barbie poster for Charles. LOVE the giant bear.

Lara said...

Oh, we love that bear too! Merry Christmas! I missed you so much! Last year was the best!