Thursday, November 3, 2011

a birthday and a bunny

Ben survived another year. and we are grateful for that. Hopefully this next year wont include Iraq! Ben was insistent about me celebrating my past birthday as well. Yes, I am older than him. sweet. But since he was in a far off land and missed my birthday, he wanted to celebrate it as well. No big deal, I can handle that. So I made Ben his favorite cake which is NOT my favorite. He loves Black Forest. I don't like cherries. Had a bad experience with those evil things a few years ago. I knew Ben would want this cake for his birthday, so I bought the can of cherries back in August. As hard as I try, I can never convince him to choose a different cake. So this year I decided to make two little 6 in round cakes. One Black Forest and one Raspberry Chocolate Ganache.....here's to another year Ben! Now take me on vacation already!
This sweet little bunny joined our family this week. The kids came home the other day from school telling us that the principal had free bunnies that she was trying to give away. We talked it over and decided sure , why not! I made Ben promise me though that we wouldn't have rabbit stew anytime soon. We brought him home on tuesday and fell in love. So, were getting two more tomorrow. I can't stand the thought of the bunny being alone. And the bunnies name?? well Jacob and I both liked Brownie, but Ellie and Evan insisted on naming him, Bun. Ha. We'll see how long the fun of having "our first pet" will last. The cleaning up part will most likely not be fun any more. Ellie thinks his poop is cute. "it's like little circles mom!"

No comments: