Last night I had the opportunity to drive alone to a church meeting. Oh what a beautiful moment it was. I turned off the music and just thought, in silence. I was thinking of the comment that Ellie made at dinner. She told us that " when we were little like Sadie, our Grandmas held us." It was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard her say. As I thought about this during my quiet moment alone, it brought tears to my eyes. How grateful I am for the grandmas that held me but especially the grandmas that have held my own children and have shown them love. I have had a special moment with each of my children, (most of the time at 3 am in the morning) where our eyes met, where they couldn't talk or tell me the love that they have for me but the feeling was there, when they would look at me, i knew in my heart that they loved me. This love I like to think of it as a Perfect Love. It's a love that is speechless, that is hard to describe, a love that only brings tears to your eyes... Maybe it's a glimpse of the love Heavenly Father has for each one of us.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
***note to self: when frustrated with children, refer back to this post!
2 comments:
You just brought tears to my eyes.
oh thanks a LOT! You made me all weepy - between the picture (which is PERFECT) and your words - LOVED it. Totally know EXACTLY what you're saying..and love you too!
Post a Comment