Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our boys do not like Chili. When Jacob eats it, he gags....turns white and starts breathing heavy. {it makes me laugh} But, since it makes a lot, we eat it for two days straight. We have tried to get them to stick cornbread in it, crushed crackers, cheese.... doesn't work, they just don't like it. it is torture for them!! Ellie of course LOVES it.... We have just eaten it these last two days.... this morning Jacob was getting his shoes on when all of the sudden he perks up and says "Hey Evan....there's no chili tonight!! WE DON'T HAVE TO EAT CHILI!!! WAHOOO!!!" {i'm in the kitchen laughing when I hear Evan say} "Yeah, But that means no more cornbread...." Why don't they like it, we don't understand. Maybe it's the beans....

2 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

I have always loved chili. Even as a kid. They don't know what they are missing!

Katrina said...

I love chili, and the boys actually like it, too. Well, not Taylor, he's our picky kid. But I just found out after almost 12 years of marriage that Kevin really doesn't care for it. He doesn't really like soup either. It's just not enough food for him. Weirdo. Have your ever tried making a white bean/ground turkey or even cut up chicken chili? Maybe find a way to disguise it? We love to "smother" our chili with cheese, sour cream and Fritos, lots of Fritos!