Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We Have Dial-Up!......end of post.

seriously. we have dial up. my life has ended. But in the meantime, I will tell you all what's been up with our family. We have made it to Ohio. Don't know my feelings about it yet. The packers came on Monday the th of June. (i've lost track of time already) They packed us and that was fantastic. Later that evening we went to my moms and ate dinner and said goodbye...sniff sniff...then later later that night my wonderful friend Tiffany got a bunch of my favorite gals together for a little goodbye deal, at Chilis. Thanks Tiff! Tuesday morning one of my wonderful friends and her family came by and brought us Einsteins for breakfast!! The movers came at about 8:30am as well and started getting us ready. They brought the biggest truck ever and parked it in our little culdesac. The head mover dude came into our home and started walking into our bedrooms mumbling something. I speak mumble so I thought I could understand what he was saying. Apparently he wasn't going to be able to fit allof our stuff on his ginormous truck!!! So.......8 hours later, they call the other truck to come and get the rest of our stuff. I remember watching this nonlabeled, white dinky truck pull into our driveway and thinking, "i'm never going to see this stuff again!!" we made it to St. Louis that night, pooped and wished we had done the move ourselves. The kids did marvelous on the drive, thanks to my mother who got them a dual dvd player for the van. They were highly entertained and for once in my life I didn't mind putting another movie in after the other one just got over! thanks mom! We received most of our stuff on friday and it took 2 and half weeks to get the stuff in the white truck!!! nice. I'm slowly starting to like it here. Change is always scary but exciting. We have found some fun things to do here. We've been to the library several times, the beach, a really cool wooden playground area, the mall, on bike rides, etc... there's definitly things to keep me busy. Since we've been here, Jacob has lost a tooth!! Ellie Beth celebrated her 2nd birthday, Evan.....has explored his surroundings, I've finished a 600 page book, (I know, rare.) and Ben has bought a lawnmower. Great things are happening right?! I will try and post some pictures, having dialup.....um it might take FOREVER!!!!!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I am glad your stuff finally came! They should reimburse you for emotional stress and the stuff you had to buy while you waited for it!

Tiffany Winters said...

Dial up... how are you going to live? I am glad we got to do a last goodbye thing. It made it easier for me. I'm glad that you are having lots of fun without me and that your kids are growing up (Ellie turning 2)and I'm missing it. Sure makes me feel better about you being gone. :( I am happy you guys get to start this new chapter in your lives. Thanks for finally posting.

The Hojnackes said...

I'm glad everyone (and everything) made it safely! I am so sorry for your internet connection loss! How devastating. I don't think I could go on anymore! We will be thinking of you!

Katrina said...

Good to see you're still alive! ;) Been wondering how the move went and how you're doing. How crazy about the moving truck taking SO long. Glad you finally got your things.
I'm excited to keep reading about your new non-student life! Take care.

Beth said...

So glad to hear you are ok & kickin'. I don't know if dial-up is going to work out for us though.. I want to see your cute little kids faces!!! :)