Monday, October 1, 2007
Mary Kay Makeovers!
Wednesday nights are never boring in my life. This last wednesday we did a Mary Kay Makeover. The girls had a blast! and loved every minute of it! As leaders we did too! we didn't have to do anything! Our ward only has 5 active young women and they are all 12 and 13 years old. Which pretty much says it like it is. We deal with a lot of DRAMA! There's a funny story attached to the activity. One of our girls brought a non member friend to the activity, her name is Misty. Well, Misty's mom was calling her trying to figure out directions to the church. So Misty came up to me, handed the phone and said, "my mom can't find this place will you talk to her?" In my head I'm thinking, great! I don't give Directions!!! so I talk to the mom and she's asking, "are you on the east side or west side of Kasold?" okay, you made your first mistake right there, I don't do north /south directions ! So I just go on to ask, "where are you?" and she tells me and I say, "okay, just turn left on 10th street and you'll see the church building down the road" seems pretty simple to me, right? so she goes on to say, "10 th street? I don't see a 10th street, are you on the east side?" and then she asks.." can I talk to an adult who knows what they are talking about?" I gasped and said, " I AM and adult, this is as good as it's going to get!" and she kindof laughs and said goodbye! yeah missy, did you feel a little awkward? Makes me laugh! Hopefully Misty will keep on coming to the activities!